Here's where you can enter in text. Feel free to edit, move, delete or add a different page element.
Operates the Public Drinking Water system and Wastewater System for the City of Trinity.
** This position is classified as safety sensitive and is subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individual(s) assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified in this position. The position description is subject to change
by the city as the needs of the city and requirements of the position change.
- Monitors control panels, adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of water.
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge reading, and tests results to determine load requirements.
- Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control the treatment process and deliver safe drinking water to the City of Trinity water distribution
- Maintains log of operations, and records meter and gauge readings.
- Collects water samples and conducts laboratory tests.
- Maintains water treatment grounds and facilities.
- Inspects, operates and maintains water wells and pump stations throughout the community.
- Performs monthly required flushing of dead-end mains.
- Complete the Annual Texas Water Development Board Water Loss Audit.
- Responds to community concerns for dirty water and investigates reports.
- Ensures the prompt collection of required Lead and Copper sampling and coordinates with the contract laboratory for the TCEQ.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
- Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memorandums.
- Prepare monthly disinfection, dead-end flushing, quarterly disinfectant residual reports and the Annual Consumer Confidence Report as well as any other required regulatory
- Prepare reports as needed for City leadership to include City Management, Mayor, and Council.
- Utilize mathematics skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solving basic problems with little to now oversight
- Subject to 24-hour recall in the event of an emergency.
- Other duties as assigned by Public Works Director / City Management.
- Must adhere to safety protocol.
- Must adhere to regulatory requirements of state, local, and federal guidelines per the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), City
of Trinity, etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The preferred way to obtain the minimum knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this
position are listed below. The city reserves the right to allow substitutions if a candidate or incumbent exceeds requirements in one area but may be deficient in
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Texas Class "C" Driver's License
- Class “A” Water Treatment Operator License
- Class “A” Wastewater License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear; bend, stoop, crouch; reach overhead; push and pull; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is Occasionally required to climb, or balance kneel; crawl; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high,
precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
***This position is considered essential, and is required to respond in the event of an area wide or local